ESMO GIST Session
|Posted by Julie Royster (jroyster) on Jul 15 2008|
|GIST In the News >>|
In May 2008, the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) held a Symposium on Sarcoma and GIST in Milan, Italy. Slides from the session on GIST are now available on the ESMO website as Powerpoint presentations that you can download at THIS LINK. (Note that some of these files are large and are slow to download.) If you do not have the Powerpoint software, you can also download a free Powerpoint viewer from the Microsoft site.
The presentations made by experts in this session were:
- New avenues in GIST treatment, George Demetri MD
- Delivering treatment: pharmacology-driven therapy?, Stefan Sleijfer MD
- Delivering treatment: dose intensitiy and dose density?, Axel Le Cesne MD
- High throughout put oncogene mutation profiling, Massimo Loda MD
- Molecular biology of GIST, Elena Tamborini MD
- Pathology of GIST, P.C.W. Hogendoorn MD
- Natural history and standard treatment of GIST, Peter Reichardt MD
- Resistance to TKI: KIT and PDGFRA, Maria Debiec-Rychter, PhD
- State-of-the-art tumor response assessment (at least in GIST), Robert S. Benjamin MD
You can also read the report of Anna Costato, who attended the session, in the summer 2008 issue of GIST Talking, the newsletter of GIST Support International.
Last changed: Jul 15 2008 at 6:46 AMBack